Aadhaar Card Holders to Get Passport in 10 Days
Gone are those days when one has to wait for months to get his passport. Now you can get your passport in just 10 days. Yes ! in ten days. The main requirement to receive your passport in 10 days is that you should have aadhaar card. Apart from this you need to follow a procedure that has to be done online. So, if you possess aadhaar card, read details given below to understand how can you get passport delivered at your home in 10 days.
Note : If you don’t have aadhaar card yet, you must apply for new aadhaar card and get the hard copy first before filling the online passport application form
How Aadhaar Card Helps to Get Passport in 10 Days
The Ministry of External Affairs has taken an important and helpful decision to rely on aadhaar card for the identification of applicant. For the sake of finding out the criminal history status of the applicant, the department will now rely on National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) database. Earlier, it used to take months to get passport. This is absolutely a great achievement by the department.
Online Passport Application with Aadhaar Card Overview :
- Applicant needs to apply online.
- Aadhaar card has to be attached as the sole proof for the sake of Proof of Identity and Proof of Address.
- Applicant will get the appointment within three days.
- In the next 7 days the applicant will get the passport delivered at the address
Passport in 10 Days – Complete Online Process Explained (Step by Step Guide)
As you can see in the above section, the first point is to apply online. Before actually applying online, applicant need to Sign up(Register) at the Passport Seva Portal
- For Signing up – Click Here
- This will open up the official portal, you need to click on “Register Now” button located below “New User” Text
- A new page will be opened, where you need to fill in the following information –
Passport Office, Name, Date of Birth, Email ID,Login Id, Password etc
- After entering these details, do not forget to enter the image code at the space provided
- Now you need to proceed by clicking at the “Register” Button
- Now you will get an email at the email id specified during the registration process. Activate the account by clicking on the link given in the email
- Enter your username and password to login
- After logging in click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”
- After this you will get two options to choose from named as “Alternative 1” and “Alternative 2″. As we will be using the online process you need to select the Alternative 2 by clicking on the link ” Click here to fill the application form online”
- Now you need to fill in all the required application online like “Passport Type”, “Applicant Details” etc
- In the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” page, you need to click on the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to fix your appointment time. You need to make the payment via online mode using your Credit/Debit Card or via online banking
- Once the Online Application form is duly filled and payment is made online, you need to take out the print out of the submitted application
- Attach the copy of the Aadhaar card with the printed application form and visit the passport Kendra.
In this way you can easily get your passport delivered at your doorstep in 10 days using aadhaar card. If you have any query, regarding this, kindly write it down in the comments section.