How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card? – Download the Duplicate Copy of Aadhaar if original Lost or Misplaced
Downloading Duplicate aadhaar card becomes necessary if the original copy is either lost or misplaced. People start to panic in such situation. Well, we are humans and such thing can happen. No need to worry though, there is a provision to get the duplicate aadhaar card. Yes, you can download Duplicate aadhaar card by following easy steps. In this post you will find step by step procedure to get the copy of lost or misplaced aadhaar card.
Before Downloading the Duplicate Copy of Aadhaar Card, Make sure that you have :
- Aadhaar number(UID) or Enrollment number
Have either UID or EID is enough to continue with the process. In case you have not noted down your aadhaar number previously, you can get the Enrollment number(EID) from the acknowledgement slip. If you still having problems, you can read this post on Recovering the Aadhaar UID or EID Online.
At this point i assume that you have Aadhaar number(UID) Enrollment number(EID) with you. Now you have all the required assets to apply for Duplicate Aadhaar Card. Let’s get Started !
Apply for Duplicate Aadhaar Card – Step by Step Guide :
- Visit the Official Aadhaar Card Portal – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Once the page is loaded, you need to choose from Enrollment ID or Aadhar
- If you have the enrollment number with you, choose Enrollment number or if you have aadhaar number, select the aadhaar
- Now enter the enrollment number or aadhaar number in the space provided
- Enter your full Name and Pincode
- You will be asked to enter the Captcha code for security purposes. Just enter the letters or digits you see in the image in the space provided
- You need to enter your mobile number and click on the Get One time Password
- OTP(One time Password) will be sent to the registered number
- Now you need to enter the OTP
- Now click on the button that says ” Validate & Download”
- Your Duplicate aadhaar card will now be downloaded in the pdf format
- The file is password protected, so you need enter the Zip code as password to unlock the file
- Take the print out of your Duplicate aadhaar card
You have just downloaded E-aadhaar card which will serve as the duplicate aadhaar card. In most of the cases this duplicate aadhaar card will be equally helpful. The E-adhaar is actually duplicate copy and printed E-adhaar card can be used to confirm your aadhaar number.
Use Official Support for Duplicate Aadhaar Card Related Queries
If you are looking to get the hard copy of the Original Card, make a call at the toll free number 1800-300-1947 or write an email to email@example.com and explain the problem to them. The official portal(at the time of writing) haven’t updated any news regarding getting the original copy again. All the Best ! You can also download the E-adhaar to your mobile. For details of downloading E-adhaar to your mobile, read this post.
If you have any other query regarding the Duplicate Aadhaar card, just leave your comments below. I will try my level best to help!!