Complete Step by Step Procedure to Apply Online for PAN Card – PAN Online Application Form Filling
PAN which refers to Permanent Account Number. It is a unique code consisting of Alphabets and numbers. It is important to get the PAN for tax payment purposes. The Income tax department of India issues PAN card to the citizens to maintain the Tax payment in the country. Recently lot of efforts have been made to make the process of PAN card application easy and convenient for all.
Online PAN Card Application Form is made available to all. Using the online facility, one can enter the details, attach the verification documents and make payment. After the successful process, PAN card is delivered to the address of the applicant in almost 15 days. However as per the latest news, a new and fast PAN generation system is being implemented using which PAN will be generated in two days and hence will be delivered much faster.
Note – NRI can also apply. However the procedure is bit different.
How to Apply for PAN Card – Online Application Procedure Overview
Step 1 – Online form 49 A will be filled and Submitted
Step 2 – Any errors displayed during the Submission process are to be rectified
Step 3 – Payment
Step 4 – If all the fields are entered correctly, the applicant will see a confirmation screen where Entered details can be confirmed or edited
Step 5 – Once the confirmation is done, a system generated 15 digit Acknowledgement number will be displayed. Applicant must take out the print out of same
Step 6 – Applicant need to paste to recent passport size photographs(with white background) in the Acknowledgement slip.
Step 7- Signature/thumb impression must be provided in the given space
Step 8 -Attach Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Proof of Date of Birth Documents.
Step 9- Send the duly filled application to the mentioned address
Example – if you selected aadhaar card and entered the aadhaar number, you must attach the Copy of Aadhaar Card
PAN Card form 49 A Online Filling Process –
- Use this Link and then click on “New Pan for Indian Citizens (Form 49A)
- In the very first step you can select from “Army”, “Air Force” or “Other Individuals” depending upon the category
- In the Next option, you are required to Enter the “Area Code”, “AO Type”, “Range Code” and “AO Number”
Note – You can get these details by downloading the relevant file from below and searching it
- After Entering the AO details you need to Enter your Name
- Then you need to Enter the name that you want to be printed on PAN card
- Enter your Date of Birth, Address and Other details
- Provide your telephone number, Mobile Number and Email Id
- Select the Status in Step 10
- In Step 12 you need to provide the aadhaar number (if allotted to you)
- In Step 15 you need to select the documents that you are going to attach with the application form
- In the other details section, select the payment method
- Double check all the entered information and hit the Submit button
- If you are wondering what to do after this, scroll above and read the “Online Application Procedure Overview” Section
The processing fee for All PAN card applications with Communication address within India is Rs. 106.
The Fee for PAN card can be paid via various methods –
Demand Draft –
- Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “NSDL – PAN” payable at Mumbai
- Applicant must enter the acknowledgement number in the back side of demand draft
- If you possess Credit or Debit card then the payment can be easily done via online mode. Just select the Credit Card or debit Card option and enter the required card details.
- Applicants who have availed the internet banking facility can select this option, fill in the net banking details and confirm the amount to be deducted. After this the amount will be deducted automatically from Bank account.
PAN Card Application Form – Sending Address
Duly Filled Application form along with Acknowledgement slip, Proof of Address/DOB/Identity should be sent to Following address via post-
‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016’
- Applicant must super scribe the Envelope with ” Application for PAN – Acknowledgement Number ” example -Application for PAN – 123456789012345
- The sent Application must reach the destination within 15 days from the online Application
PAN Card Helpline –
Call Centre – 020-27218080 , Fax -020 – 27218081
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any query regarding the PAN card application form filling etc, feel free to write a comment in the section below.